What do you get when you cross a Jelly Cake with Fairy Bread? This spectacular creation, that’s what!
1h 35 min
- 1 Place both packets of raspberry jelly crystals into a large bowl. Add 1 cup (250 mL) boiling water and stir until the jelly crystals are completely dissolved. Add 2 cups (500 mL) cold water, stir to combine, then place in the fridge for 1 hour or until partially set.
- 2 Measure out 1 tbsp of small cake decorations and set aside for decorating. In a large shallow bowl (or plate) mix the coconut and 100’s & 1000’s and decorations.
- 3 Keeping both sponge cakes stacked together, cut them into 8 even cake slices.
- 4 Remove jelly from the fridge and carefully dip each piece of cake into the partially set jelly, being sure to coat all sides, (working quickly so the cake does not become soggy and break) then roll it in the coconut mix and place on a plate. Repeat for both layers of sponge, placing the 2 layers on separate plates, then into the fridge for 20 mins to firm slightly.
- 5 Whip the cream using an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- 6 Spread raspberry jam on the top of one layer of sponge slices, then spread the cream over the jam. Place the second layer of sponge on the top of the cream being sure to line up the cake slices below. Pipe or spoon any leftover cream on to the top of each slice and decorate with sprinkles.