It’s a recipe from deep in the mountains of faraway Bluedonia! A meringue lake, surrounded by crispy monsters and filled with Berry Blue Jelly. Always a monster hit at parties.
- 1 Make Aeroplane Berry Blue Jelly to pack instructions and place in the refrigerator to set.
- 2 Whisk egg whites till soft peaks then slowly add in the caster sugar until sugar is dissolved and egg whites are stiff peaks.
- 3 Spoon ¾ of the egg whites onto a foil lined baking tray and spread out to form a lake with high peaked sides and a shallow flat middle.
- 4 Place 3 small dollops of meringue onto the foil lined tray.
- 5 Bake in a 120c oven for 2 hours then let cool.
- 6 Snip the licorice sides with scissors to make the branches for the trees and place a toothpick in the base for the trunk, dust with icing sugar and place around the edges of the meringue lake.
- 7 Crush the berry blue jelly and fill the shallow part of the meringue lake.
- 8 Decorate the ice monsters making them look angry and place them on top of the jelly and serve.