Tis the season! If you want an easy, help-yourself dessert for your Christmas feast, then look no further than this merry and bright slice.
This recipe is brought to you by Taste
- 1 Make each jelly separately, following packet directions, but using only 80ml (⅓ cup) of cold water instead of 200ml. Pour each jelly into 3 shallow glass containers and refrigerate for several hours or overnight until jelly is set.
- 2 Line base and sides of a shallow, square, 23cm cake pan with baking paper, allowing excess paper to hang over the edge.
- 3 Using a food processor, crush biscuits until fine. Combine biscuit crumbs, melted butter and orange zest. Press into base of lined pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 4 Cut each container of jelly into 2cm cubes (see notes). You will only use half of each jelly in this recipe.
- 5 Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in cream.
- 6 Place 3 tbs boiling water into a small bowl. Sprinkle over gelatine. Stir until gelatine dissolves. Set aside to cool slightly. Beat gelatine into cream cheese filling until combined. Spread half the mixture over prepared biscuit base. Arrange jelly cubes over the cream cheese mixture, pressing in lightly. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture, gently spread and tap pan to settle top of mixture. Refrigerate for several hours or until set. Cut into 12 pieces to serve.