When Aussie tradition meets flavours of the Middle East, you get this moreish Turkish Delight trifle. With rose water, pistachios and Persian fairy floss, this show stopping dessert will be a hit at your next dinner party.
This recipe is brought to you by Taste
- 1 Make jelly following packet directions. Stir in rosewater. Pour jelly into base of a large, glass, 12-cup-capacity trifle dish. Refrigerate for several hours or until just set.
- 2 For the rosewater syrup, combine caster sugar with 1 1/2 tbs boiling water, stir until dissolved. Stir in rosewater and cool.
- 3 Using an electric mixer, beat the cream, mascarpone and caster sugar until you have soft peaks.
- 4 Spread half the cream mixture carefully over jelly. Arrange 3/4 of the Turkish delight pieces with 3/4 of the raspberries. Cut cake into 2cm cubes and arrange over raspberries and Turkish delight layer. Sprinkle with rosewater syrup. Dollop remaining cream mixture over cake layer.
- 5 Decorate trifle with the pistachios, remaining raspberries and Turkish delight, and Persian fairy floss.