It's trifle, but not as you know it!
- 1 Prepare ONE pack of raspberry jelly as per pack instructions and pour into a large trifle bowl. Drop raspberries into jelly and refrigerate until set (approximately 3 hours).
- 2 To make white Christmas: Line a large baking sheet with baking paper. Melt chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bowl to touch water). Fold puffed rice, cranberries, pistachios, coconut and dried berries through melted chocolate. Spoon mixture onto prepared tray, pressing into a thin layer with the back of a large spoon. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- 3 Turn slice onto a chopping board. Cut ⅔ of slice into small pieces. Using a sharp knife, cut or break the remaining slice into large shards for later decoration of trifle.
- 4 To make raspberry cheesecake mousse: Dissolve 2nd pack of raspberry jelly crystals in ¾ cup (180 mL) boiling water and set aside. Beat evaporated milk with an electric mixer until very thick and fluffy.
- 5 In a second bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Continue beating on low speed and slowly pour in jelly until combined. Add whipped evaporated milk and fold through until jelly mixture is evenly distributed.
- 6 Spoon ½ of the raspberry cheese mousse mixture, over the set jelly layer and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Combine half of the whipped cream with the broken white Christmas pieces and spoon onto the mousse layer, smoothing the top. Then gently spoon remaining mousse over white Christmas layer. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 7 To serve, top with remaining whipped cream , reserved white Christmas shards and strawberries.