This recipe is brought to you by @sugarsaltmagic. Made using Jelly Lite Strawberry, these pancakes are pretty in pink with a hint of strawberry and, with a syrup made from the same jelly, they're lighter too.
- 1 Add 1/4 cup of boiling water to 1 1/4 teaspoons of jelly crystals in a heatproof bowl. Stir until completely dissolved. Add 1/4 cup cold water and leave in the fridge while you make the pancakes.
- 2 Combine flour, baking powder and remaining jelly in a medium bowl, whisk to combine.
- 3 Add milk, melted butter, extract and egg and whisk gently until fully combined. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- 4 Pre heat for about 5 minutes a lightly greased large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- 5 Add 1/3 cup of pancake batter. Spread it just a little to a 6-inch circle. When bubbles appear and the top look mostly dry, carefully flip the pancake. Cook other side for another minute or so to seal.
- 6 Stack cooked pancakes on a plate until all batter is cooked, then serve with the syrup. If the syrup has set too much, just heat in the microwave for 3-4 seconds at a time, mixing well each time until it's the consistency of a thick syrup.