This Cheesecake is a seriously decadent showstopper. The secret ingredient? Aeroplane Jelly of course!
- 1 Lightly grease and line the base and sides of a 20 cm round springform pan. Combine biscuit crumbs and butter then press into the base of the pan. Spoon the marmalade onto the prepared base and spread to the edges in an even layer, refrigerate until ready to fill.
- 2 Beat the cream cheese, sugar and orange zest with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the cream and beat a further 2 minutes until smooth, with no lumps. Combine Aeroplane Orange Flavour Jelly and boiling water stirring to dissolve. While the mixer is on a low speed slowly pour jelly mixture in followed by the optional Cointreau and chocolate, continue mixing until well combined. Spoon mixture over prepared base, smooth the top and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- 3 In a small sauce pan, combine the chocolate, cream and sugar. Heat over a low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely and thicken slightly.
- 4 Remove cake from the springform and place on a cake rack over a tray. Pour chocolate ganache mixture over set cheesecake, allowing ganache to spread to the edges and over the sides. The excess will collect in the tray. Refrigerate until ganache is set (20 to 30 minutes).
- 5 Transfer cake to a serving plate and decorate with your serving selections.