A spectacular showstopper! Easy to prepare, no-bake dessert.
- 1 Combine jelly crystals and ¼ cup (60 mL) boiling water. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir well to dissolve. Add berries and use a fork to roughly mash. Remove 2 tablespoons of the mixture for decorating later and set both bowls aside.
- 2 Place cream into the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until firm peaks form. Use a spatula to just fold the berry jelly mixture through the cream, creating a ripple effect.
- 3 Place milk in a shallow bowl. Working one at a time, dip a biscuit into the milk, turning for a few seconds. Then add a generous amount of cream to the flat side of the biscuit. Place biscuit flat side down on your serving plate. Repeat with another 8 biscuits to create a base of 3x3 biscuits. Allow some space around the edges of each biscuit.
- 4 Top base with 1 cup of cream, spreading evenly to the edges. Add another 9 milk-dipped biscuits on top to create a second biscuit layer.
- 5 Repeat Step 4 two more times to produce a total of 4 biscuit layers.
- 6 Finish by topping biscuits with a final layer of the remaining cream, ensuring all sides are evenly covered. Use a spatula to create a textured appearance.
- 7 Before covering, insert multiple toothpicks on the top of the cake to place the cling wrap over. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours to develop.
- 8 To serve, decorate with meringues, fresh raspberries, and berry jelly mixture from earlier (add some hot water to this to thin out).