Hosting a Spectacular Birthday Party with a Layered Rainbow Ice Cream Cake
Step into a world of enchantment and wonder as we dive into the whimsical universe of a Rainbow and Unicorn-themed birthday party. At the heart of this colorful celebration is a show-stopping layered rainbow ice cream cake made with the magical touch of Aeroplane Jelly. Join us as we explore how to craft a party that's sure to fill your child's special day with pure joy and enchantment.
Rainbow Streamers: Hang rainbow-coloured streamers and balloons to create a colorful backdrop.
Unicorn Cutouts: Use unicorn cutouts and figurines as centerpieces and table decorations.
Fluffy Clouds: Hang cotton ball clouds from the ceiling for a whimsical touch.
Rainbow Pathway: Lay out a rainbow pathway with colored construction paper or colored chalk for kids to follow.
Activities and Games
Unicorn Horn Craft: Set up a craft station where kids can decorate their very own unicorn horns using paper, glitter, and other craft supplies.
Pin the Horn on the Unicorn: A unicorn-themed twist on the classic "Pin the Tail on the Donkey" game.
Rainbow Scavenger Hunt: Create a rainbow-themed scavenger hunt with hidden clues and surprises.
Unicorn Ring Toss: Arrange a unicorn horn ring toss game for a fun and challenging activity.
The Birthday Cake: Layered Rainbow Ice Cream Cake
The star of the show is undoubtedly the Layered Rainbow Ice Cream Cake, featuring the magic of Aeroplane Jelly. Here's how to create this mesmerizing dessert:
You will need:
1 x store bought vanilla sponge cake
2 ltrs vanilla ice cream, divided
85g Aeroplane Original Lime Flavoured Jelly Crystals
85g Aeroplane Original Raspberry Flavoured Jelly Crystals
85g Aeroplane Original Lemon Flavoured Jelly Crystals
85g Aeroplane Original Berry Blue Flavoured Jelly Crystals
How to make:
1. Invert the base of a 6cm-deep, 18 cm round (base) springform pan and grease lightly with spray oil. Line base with baking paper and line sides with 3 layers of baking paper, extending paper 8 cm above edge of pan. (This helps to support the cake as it is built)
2. Using a serrated knife, cut sponge cake into 3 x 1 cm thick slices. Cut one slice in half horizontally and place each half to the extreme sides of the pan. Cut a second slice of sponge into strips. Use these to fill the centre gap, creating a complete, filled cake base. Reserve remaining cake trimmings for the top layer. Set aside in the freezer.
3. Working quickly and using an electric mixer, beat a quarter of the ice cream with the lime jelly crystals until just combined. Ensuring you return ice cream to the freezer in between using. Spoon mixture onto prepared cake base, levelling top with an offset spatula. Tap gently on bench to remove any air bubbles. Return to freezer for 1 hour or until just firm.
4. Repeat step 3 creating three more flavoured ice cream layers with remaining three quarters of ice cream, and raspberry, lemon and berry blue jelly crystals.
5. Using remaining sponge slices, repeat the cutting and positioning of the cake sponge creating a complete top layer of cake. Loosely cover and return to the freezer overnight.
6. When ready to serve, carefully remove ice-cream cake from pan, transfer to a serving plate, discarding the baking paper (base and sides). Decorate with strawberry icing and rainbow sprinkles. Serve immediately or Return to freezer uncovered until ready to serve.
You can add rainbow sprinkles, edible glitter, and unicorn-themed decorations for extra magic.
The Layered Rainbow Ice Cream Cake is not just a dessert; it's a work of art that will leave everyone in awe.
More Food Ideas
Unicorn Horns: Make edible unicorn horns using ice cream cones dipped in colourful white chocolate and sprinkles. They can serve as both decorations and a sweet treat.
Rainbow Fruit Skewers: Thread a variety of colourful fruits (strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, blueberries, grapes, and more) onto skewers to create rainbow fruit kebabs.
Unicorn Poop Popcorn: Prepare popcorn and mix it with colourful lollies (M&M's, Skittles, or similar) to create "Unicorn Poop Popcorn."
Magic Unicorn Pasta Salad: Use rainbow-colored pasta to create a vibrant pasta salad with colourful vegetables and a light dressing.
Rainbow Veggie Platter: Serve a platter of colorful vegetables with dips, such as hummus, for a healthy snack option.
Unicorn Horn Pretzels: Dip pretzel rods in colorful chocolate and decorate them with edible glitter and sprinkles to create unicorn horn pretzels.
Rainbow Cupcakes: Bake cupcakes with colourful rainbow layers, and top them with swirls of pastel-colored frosting and edible glitter.
Colourful Mini Sandwiches: Make mini sandwiches with a variety of colorful fillings, such as egg salad, cream cheese and jam, and turkey and cheese.
Fairy Floss Clouds: Serve fairy floss as "Clouds" in small bags or on sticks.
Sparkling Unicorn Punch: Mix lemon-lime soda with rainbow sherbet and top with edible glitter for a sparkling, rainbow-themed punch.
A Rainbow and Unicorn-themed birthday party, complete with a show-stopping Layered Rainbow Ice Cream Cake, will turn your child's special day into a magical adventure. So, let your imagination run wild, embrace the colors of the rainbow, and witness the enchantment unfold as you create unforgettable memories with a party that's pure unicorn magic and rainbow dreams.